2 NaOH + ZnCl2 → Zn(OH)2 + Na2Cl2
- Names: Sodium hydroxide , Caustic soda , Lye
- Appearance: White, waxy, opaque crystals ; White hygroscopic solid in various forms ; Colorless to white, odorless solid (flakes, beads, granular form).
- ZnCl2 – Zinc chloride
- Other names: Zinc(II) chloride , Zinc dichloride , Butter of zinc
- Appearance: White crystalline solid | hygroscopic and very deliquescent ; White hygroscopic odourless solid in various forms ; White particulate dispersed in air.
- Names: Zinc hydroxide , Zinc(II) hydroxide
- Appearance: White powder